As you may know, I am a Personal Chef as well as a Clinical Nutritionist. As a Personal Chef, I have to come up with many recipes to keep my clients happy. Not only do the recipes have to be healthy, but they must be tasty! I’m breaking the stigma that healthy food is bland and boring. This recipe proves that you can have a healthy meal that is full of flavor and really nutritious. And of course, it’s an amazing meal prep recipe. Let me introduce to you the Roasted Veggie & Lentil Protein Bowl!
I love this recipe because it is so versatile. You can leave out or add anything to your liking. The recipe is great as is, but see the “Notes” section in the recipe below for ways to customize it based on your dietary needs!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped in 1" pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped in 1" pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 cups lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp. onion granules
- 2 tsp. garlic granules
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. goat cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line an extra large baking sheet with foil and parchment paper.
- Add the chicken breasts as well as the onion, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes. (if you don't have a large baking sheet, you can put the chicken and veggies on separate baking sheets)
- Drizzle everything with the olive oil. Apply all the seasonings liberally to coat both sides of the chicken and cover the veggies. Toss everything so the chicken and veggies are coated in the oil and spice mixture. (If you're using one baking sheet, keep the chicken on a separate side from the veggies)
- Put the chicken and veggies in the oven and bake for 27 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lentils and chop the spinach.
- Once the veggies and chicken are done cooking, remove from oven and add the lentils to the baking sheet with the veggies. Toss the lentils and veggies so they are mixed in.
- Slice your chicken breast.
- Prepare the protein bowls by putting some veggie/lentil mixture in one side of the bowl, add some spinach, and sliced chicken breast on top. (You will use ½ chicken breast for each serving)
- Sprinkle some goat cheese over the veggies and finish with fresh parsley and black pepper, if desired.
You can make this meal paleo by omitting the lentils & goat cheese and adding more veggies!
If you are dairy-free, omit the goat cheese.
To make this dish spicy, serve it with your favorite hot sauce.
With joy and health,